David Dulany is the CEO and founder of Tenbound, which is a consulting and training firm that focuses 100% on sales development in the tech space in the Bay Area.
He’s also the organizer of The Sales Development Conference (Check it out here: https://tenbound.com/conference), and, as you can imagine, he’s an expert when it comes to sales development.
In this episode, we really focused on one main topic: sales development. Just a few of the things that we covered:
- Cracking the code of sales development.
- Why founders need to be Sales Rep first.
- Why being an SDR is the toughest job in the sales process.
- Compensation Structures For SDRs.
- Traits to look when hiring SDRs.
- Why train on persona instead of product - Lead with the problem you solve not your solution.
- How to balance quality vs. quantity when doing outbound calls -- Use chunking.
- Outsourcing research for your SDRs.
- How to make your outbounds feel less cold.
- Why you need a sales navigator in your organization.
- The 18-month payback period - Getting ROI from your hires.
- The #1 key metric for sales managers and their SDRs.
- The "two-volley email" and why it's a key signal in your lead development and qualification.
Some of the books and resources that were mentioned by David:
Where to find David on the Interwebs:
Getting in touch with David: www.tenbound.com/contact